16 August 2013

Man flu!

Well, it's been a week since I last posted anything here, the reason being I've had the worst cold I can remember...so bad in fact, I believe it's been man flu (which I understand is nearly fatal - at least that's what Mr John and other male friends tell me).

The weekend had a promising start as it was a three day break with Monday being the Queens birthday and Mothers Day here.  We arrived in Bangkok on Saturday and checked into the Pullman (King Power) hotel which is the one we always stay in.  It's conveniently located, reasonably priced, staff are friendly and facilities excellent.  We stayed on the Executive floor which gives you free tea, coffee and cold drinks all day and between 5-7pm there's free happy hour with a small buffet.


We spent a bit of quality time by the pool and thankfully, at it's deepest, it's about 1.5m because by then I had a runny nose and a hacking cough and all I could do was walk or float on my back!  Not quite the break we had planned. 


Mr John had been very excited to try an Italian restaurant that was not too far away but I'm afraid he just had to slum it in the hotel Wine Pub!  He didn't complain at all and I did really feel for him but just had no energy to go anywhere.

So we got home on Monday, I spent Tuesday in bed all day in the air-conditioning.  By Wednesday I managed to get downstairs and laid on the couch all day and by Thursday ate my first meal in three days.  You'll be pleased to know however that I'm now properly on the mend and reckon by Monday normal service will have resumed!  Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome