20 September 2013

Football continues

Mr John's new blue boots
Mr John, I suspect, is a glutton for punishment.  Wednesday saw us at football again, with his new boots - so no excuses.  In fact he made an assist in a vital goal, so there was much celebration.  I really don't know how he does it in this heat...at least we're heading towards winter!  Being quite tall over here, the bibs they wear are a little short on him and I was not allowed to take any close up photos.



I mentioned the lovely lake last week and there's some very large fish and at least one turtle in there.  It's a lovely spot for a bite to eat.  I also tried out the coffee shop and I've got to say the latte wasn't bad.  There was a small selection of cake which looked quite good.

Not having had dinner, I wanted to have some of the crispy pork that we'd had last week, so I headed over to the eatery and asked for it in my best Thai.  Unfortunately their English was non-existent, much like my Thai, and they kept saying something else to me.  Concerned that I would end up with something I didn't want, I opted to make life simple and having looked at the menu (which was all written in Thai) I pointed at one of the six pictures and asked for one of them!  They looked like crispy spring rolls so I thought not much could go wrong.


Well, as it turned out, they were crispy rolls but did not contain the vegetables I was expecting.  Instead they were filled with, I think, ham and cheese.  At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it was.  Either way, they were delicious and were all gone by the time Mr John came off the pitch - well, they would have been cold by then anyway and everyone knows you can't eat cold spring rolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome