07 November 2013

Beautiful one day, perfect the next

I must say the warm weather was a welcome change after an unusually chilly Melbourne.  We're here to see my very dear friends Rohan and Debs.  I first met Rohan when I was 17, so that was a little while ago, Debs a couple of years later and I was just shy of 21 when they got married.  I'm actually godmother to their three sons Kristopher, Ashley and Matthew.  I'm not quite sure what has happened, being such a young person, but somehow not only have Kris and Ash got married but they have children!  That can't be right? 

Having got some "grown up" time on Sunday night the entire family descended on Monday for family lunch - traditional Aussie BBQ, one of our favourite meals.  Although Rohan is hoping for a new BBQ from Santa this year, he produced a phenomenal feed.  I was completely overwhelmed by the fact that all three boys and their families took time out of their very hectic lives to come and have lunch with us.  The children were a treat and so well behaved.  We all desperately tried to get a photo of the three of them - Samuel (2), Hamish (2) and Evelyn (4 months) - but you can imagine the chaos that ensued!  So as you will see from the photos below a couple of two are now an extended family of eleven - I blame Rohan.

It has been so long since we've seen these guys that our time with them seemed cruelly short and yet again we didn't want to leave....but it was time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome