05 November 2013

Spa luxury

What an amazing time we've had with Greg, Abby, Roman (who's very nearly three) and baby Ted who was born in June.  We took some extra time here so we could enjoy being with the children as Roman was only four months old last time we saw him.


Sitting on the balcony looking down on the pool it was like being in a resort!  I can't believe Mr John went for a swim as it was quite cold (around 17 degrees Celsius).  The funniest thing was every time he got out Roman, who was wearing wellington boots, jeans and a jumper, kept telling him to get back in - which he did - three times! 

We also got to catch up on Aussie kids TV.  What I don't know about Chugginton just isn't worth knowing.  Watching one morning, a graphic came up saying "Let's sing" so I suggested to Roman we do this.  His very prompt and loud response was "no" with his hands over his ears.  As if this wasn't bad enough Mr John, who is very nearly tone deaf, got a resounding "yes" on asking the same question.  You wait til his 21st birthday, I'll get him back!!

Whilst we were here we managed a train trip to Melbourne city to have lunch with Greg and a little souvenir shopping.  We went to this great Mexican place where you constructed your lunch - a little like Subway.  I even got to cook during our stay which was a treat for me as I love to cook and not having a kitchen in Thailand is a little frustrating.  I made a fish pie, one of Mr John's favourites and Abby seemed to enjoy it too.

It was also great to see my sister Lynne who laid on a huge spread for Sunday tea and nephew Warren who, bless him, turned up and was very sociable despite having had a big night the night before.  Got to love that sort of family commitment.

And then all too soon it was time to leave and yet again we were reluctant to move on but it was time for the city....


2 comments:

  1. I've already made the fish pie again! And there's one in the freezer ready to go. Greg loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling very proud right now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome