23 December 2013

2 more sleeps!

Like thousands of people all over the world, we are gearing up for Christmas.  Our lovely, smiley postman knows we have moved and over the last week he has been delivering all sorts of lovely cards and exciting parcels to us - thanks to all our family and friends overseas.  So I've been putting up all the lovely decorations that have been sent and all the cards are "blue tacked" to the wall. 

I've tried to make it look as nice as I can and the battery lights we received were a very welcome addition.  Some people even put chocolate treats in their parcels, yay!!  We also got some lovely home made produce from our friends in Brisbane - cheese straws and rum balls.  They arrived all safe and in one piece and we're currently rationing them out to make them last as long as possible!

I've updated the Our House tab so you can get more of an idea on how we are settling in.  As I've been playing home maker, I don't have anything specific to tell you today.  Last Thursday we went out for dinner with our friend Groy to The Craze House.  We had a fabulous evening, but I can't do it justice yet as there aren't enough photos.  I'll work on that and fill you in soon.  Suffice to say that it felt like a proper grown up bar, we had great sake cocktails and Mr John spied brulee on the menu and has his sights set on that for a future visit.

Mr John has to work all this week but does have time off before new year.  I have all my lovely Christmas movies at hand and will be trying to keep the festive spirit going.

We wish you and yours a very merry Christmas / happy holiday
 and I'll let you know how our day went later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome