03 January 2014

Happy New Year!


Mr John and Pii Kob enjoying a celebratory cigar!
Well I hope you've all recovered from the New Year festivities.  We have, well, just about.  Mr John had to go back to school today and I didn't even hear him leave!  We saw the arrival of 2014 at The Hang Out and had a fabulous time there. 


Before arriving here though, we went and had dinner at The Craze House.  They serve really good cocktails and have a moderate selection of western food.  Last time we were here was with our friend Groy and I must say it was easier going with her.  We'd had dinner, during which time I'd had a bottle of water (though Mr John had a small jug of beer), and were ready for some fun cocktails.  Mr John asked for the drinks menu but unfortunately was given the bill instead.  We could understand the confusion, so paid the bill thinking we could get cocktails after.  We were wrong! 

It was quite busy and the bar staff only recognised orders coming from the servers and so they didn't pay any attention to us.  Mr John managed to attract the attention of one server and so we ordered our drinks.  Some five minutes later he came back to tell Mr John they'd run out of the ingredients, so he ordered a different cocktail.  For some reason, his not being available meant I didn't get mine either.  Never mind....a further five minutes later (though by this time it felt like thirty minutes - remember, I still haven't had a drink and it's gone 9pm on NYE) they informed us that his second choice wasn't available either and still I haven't had my drink!  So we gave up and headed to The Hang Out.  Mr John, to try and redeem the situation, called into the 7 - 11 store and bought a bottle of red wine, just for me! 


















I must say, the whole drink situation detracted somewhat from the awesome food we'd had.  As you'll see in the photo above, I had lamb chops.  I should point out there were three of them but I'd already demolished the first one when I remembered I ought to be documenting the event!!  I must also own up to having food envy.  Mr John's fish and chips were gorgeous and I particularly liked the tartare sauce - I've put it on my wish list for next time!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and wealthy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome