24 April 2014

#insideout

Hi everyone!  Are you ready for the fashion revolution?  Here's what we've been wearing, inside out of course. 

Please post your photo on your favourite social media and title it #insideout to create a flash-mob and ensure that the Bangladeshi workers who lost their lives a year ago today, did not die in vain.

Mr John was wearing a top by Nike manufactured in Mexico.  The Nike website tells their manufacturing story including their Codes of Conduct that cover worker protections as well as environmental impacts.  They have an interactive, global Manufacturing Map which you can filter to get your information.  Pretty good result I'd say.

My top comes from a UK chain - Debenhams.  The brand itself is Mantaray and the website gives details of the profits from one of their key clothing lines to  Mantaray Marine Conservation Society.   I was initially very pleased by this, but then thought, hang on - who makes my clothes?  It took a lot of searching on the Debenhams website but finally I got to their Supplier Code of Conduct and whilst this doesn't tell me exactly where my top was manufactured, the Code seems pretty robust.

Thanks go to Abby at things for boys for helping raise awareness.

2 comments:

  1. You've done some great research there. It's so great to see so many people getting behind this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was dreading the outcome as I've previously "bought without thought". Glad to know we've not done too much damage in the world and will be more aware in the future.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome