16 May 2014

School's back

So I've waved Mr John off on his first full day of school.  It might seem odd that the children are back on a Friday, but the theory is it let's them get all the excitement out of their system and then settle down to learning on Monday.  We've had a lovely time together over the past couple of months and yes, he did mess with my routine but I know I'll miss him during the day now.  Still, I'm sure it won't take long to get back to my coffee mornings with the paper and doing what I want to do.

Sadly, the first thing I'm doing is giving the house a good clean as it's had little more than a lick and a promise recently.  Still, they say a clean house is the sign of a boring housewife I'm going to hold that thought.


The school has built well is still building really some new classrooms for Grade 4 and upwards but they haven't quite managed to finish both buildings.  As with any building project, there are teething problems.  The Wi-Fi is not working yet but fingers crossed.  Mr John is a bit bothered that the teachers office is not air-conditioned and so has bought a fan.  When he went in on Wednesday he had to move his desk which had been taken to the third floor when I saw the office only his and one other desk had been moved in.  It's been a while since Mr John has done any manual labour and his back problem flared up again.  Still, a lie down on the floor and a hot shower pretty much sorted him out.


So I'll get all the low-down when he gets home tonight.  One thing I do know is that the foreign teachers are a nice crowd and a mixture of seasoned (some over 4 years) and new residents of Chan.  Good luck to all the foreign teachers starting the 2014/15 school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome