19 May 2014

Fire Flies Rock

Well, Mr John seems to have settled in already at school.  I've never seen him so happy after his first day at work as I did on Friday - ever!  He loves having his own classroom.  There are still some things that need sorting and he's not sure how PE (physical education) will go because it's all still a bit of a building site but so far so good.

The weekend was a little quiet from my point of view but action packed for Mr John - with what seemed like back to back rugby matches all weekend. Yay!  Don't get me wrong, I love sport but it did wear a little thin for me, even though the semi-final between Northampton and Leicester was one of the most exciting games of union I've seen for a while.

We managed our once-a-month spoiling ourselves trip to Latte Coffee House and weren't disappointed with our cake selection.  This visit was made even more enjoyable as we met up with Ake, a friend from Bangkok and of course the lovely Wicus who returned safely last week from his amazing trip to Nepal.

Speaking of Saturday, did you know that it was International Whiskey day?  My sister-in-law Joan is an expert on international days and if she says it was, then it must be.  Mr John and I like nothing better than a good whiskey.  Choices here are a bit limited and our budget doesn't quite stretch to the posh stuff yet.  Hong Thong is a Thai whiskey and I strongly recommend you drown mix it with coke / lemonade / anything at all.


We had the most amazing display of fire-flies at the back of us on Saturday evening. Don't know if it was weather related, but it was like having fairies at the bottom of your garden.  They're amazing and reminded me of Koh Mak where we saw loads on our way to Bamboo Hideaway for our gorgeous Italian meal.  Speaking of weather, we suspect the rainy season might be well and truly about to start.  It did nothing but rain on and off all day yesterday with lightening and rolling thunder thrown in for good measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome