13 June 2014

A friend returns

It's been quite a week really and it all started with Mike returning from America.  Mike, Mr John and the lovely Wicus all used to work at the same school though not at the same time and it was really lovely to get together.



It's like this... it started with Wicus and Mike working together then Wicus moved school and Mr John worked with Mike.  Then Mr John moved schools too and worked with Wicus. As my regulars will know, Mr John moved schools this year and now, guess who he's working with? Yes, Mike.  So now that you've got that sort have I should tell you about our week. 

We all headed to the Lollipop CafĂ© with Miss Mam who's a teacher at the first school all they guys have worked at.  She's very kind and thoughtful and has been instrumental in finding jobs for the boys.  In fact, we wouldn't have had our "free" house if it wasn't for her

This is also Wicus' new fav place as he's had the cheeseburger.  I suddenly thought I should have made a banner for Mike and whizzed one up on my phone which I pathetically held above my head for him - not quite the same impact as a sheet!  After a great meal we tried the cake pop and also the peanut butter & jelly actually strawberry jam cupcakes.  Man were they good.

We've also been taken to two other great places for coffee and food.  Pii Kob took us to the newly opened Kays for coffee.  It's the closest coffee taste we've had to a Starbucks type coffee house.  We were having a discussion about TV channels don't ask it's a long story and so I didn't really take it all in.  We'll definitely go back though so I'll do it some justice in another post.

I went with my friend Kik to Nine Pizza which is owned by her friend.  As it's just across the road from Mr John's school, he also joined us and man were those pizza's good.  We had a small double cheese and a medium Nine Pizza Signature which has bacon, sausage, peppers, onion and pineapple.  They were delicious and we've been told it's OK to take wine, along with some glasses, to have a pizza / wine night there. Hurrah!  They also do takeaways if you don't want to eat in.


There's also giant coffee machine and some comfy seats if you just want a coffee.  Mr John had an Americano which he enjoyed but I was too full for coffee.  I'll pop back at some point and report

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome