06 August 2014

Bermuda Trianlge

So I went to do the washing some might say the highlight of my week and it was all looking fine when the heavens opened.  Well, it is the rainy season.  So I had to wait a bit for it to settle down before heading back home.  Of course, this has knock on effects, like how do you get the washing dry when it's damp and wet that's the weather and not the washing.  We battle on though and you always, always have your raincoat under your bike seat just in case.

I keep going on about my cooking miracles in the limited facility kitchen but what I haven't mentioned to you is that the house has become a "Bermuda Triangle" for cooking utensils.  Last week I couldn't find my potato peeler.  It can happen that in a fit of absent-mindedness, you can throw one of these out with the peelings and I figured that must be what I'd done.  I wouldn't mind so much but it was from Australia and is my favourite style of peeler and can be difficult to get hold of elsewhere in the world.

So having butchered our potatoes somewhat in peeling them with a knife over the weekend, I also then couldn't find the only sharp ok so I'm using the term loosely black handled knife we have.  It's about 8 inches / 20 cms long and there's no way I would have thrown that out with the peelings!  I'd only used it the night before and I'm pretty sure I washed it up but now we can't find it.  So frustrating.  Mr John reckons that maybe it's the geckos playing silly buggers and I really don't think its old age.... but it is definitely a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome