27 August 2014

Pattaya II

You know, if Mr John had told me 11 years ago that he'd take me on holiday to a shopping mall - I'd probably have walked.  However our weekend was spent doing exactly that and I had a ball.  For me, the highlight was just sitting in Starbucks having coffee and reading the paper.  How times have changed.

You may remember last time  we only went for one night, well this time we decided to make it two nights and booked a hotel nearer the shopping mall I know right! and with a bath.  We chose the Pattaya Discovery Beach hotel and we were really glad we did.  

Don't get me wrong, our previous hotel was really good value for money and for one night was ideal.  This hotel was much closer to where we wanted to be and gave us a view of the beach plus had parking for Pii Kob's car.  In fact, this hotel justifies it's own post so watch this space.



We managed to get two movies in - Expendables 3 and Hercules.  We would have seen Into The Storm on Sunday had the viewing times been better for us but there you go, seems you can't have everything. In fact, Saturday was a little fraught as Mr John had us route marched to Mulligans Irish Pub straight after the movie so we could see the second half of the Australia v New Zealand rugby match and anyone who knows the score will understand when I say though I wish we hadn't bothered.


As we had an extra night we also managed to fit in a swim in the pool and of course a couple of lovely baths.  Whilst we had breakfast at Mulligans and my advice is don't bother with this it seemed cooked by someone who'd seen a big breakfast but never actually tasted one! I discovered a free eating out booklet and Mr John, having undertaken extensive research, found an Indian restaurant for dinner.  It's called Alibaba and it was fantastic. Again, this place deserves it's own write up so I'll get on to that.

2 comments:

Your comments are always welcome