17 September 2014

Let them eat cake!

What a great week I've had already and our postman has been earning his keep lately.  I really must thank everyone who sent parcels for my birthday making it such a special day. Modern technology certainly helps as well, I'm not sure communication has ever been easier.  I remember when I was small we used to post "reel to reel" tapes to my Aunty & Uncle in England from Australia and vice versa.  It used to take about six weeks for them to arrive at their destination! Times have definitely changed.


Of course it wouldn't be a birthday without cake and, in my case, coffee.  Brunch produced a fabulous crepe cake and I like to think it was just for my benefit. Mr John had a full on day at work so it was just me. He did manage to spoil me, though probably not in the way our Western friends are used to!  


On his most recent visit to Bangkok he found Marks & Spencers a British store and got me some Percy Pigs.  What a treat, no seriously.  I watched a film in the afternoon and proceeded to make myself sick by eating the whole bag luckily it was a small one.  I also got a new cover for my iPad which I'm thrilled with - it's a gorgeous teal colour.


Having had dinner at Toms and head chef Tan having produced a special plate of fried chicken which Tom called ABC chicken not KFC chicken Mr John rode us over to Hangout to catch up with Pii Kob. We usually visit him every Sunday night but Mr John had a rugby match live that he didn't want to miss, so we switched it to Monday.  Well not only did Pii Kob get the live band to sing "Happy Birthday" to me but he'd also got a cake, complete with candles.  A very happy day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! My kinda birthday, cake and sweets until you're sick ;) I tried to get Ted to take his first steps as your birthday present, but no luck...any day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless him! Can't wait to see him up and about via the marvels of modern technology ;-))

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome