19 September 2014

Mash it up

I've been a little distracted this week what with all the celebrations and cake hmm cake and I realised there's a load of stuff I haven't shared with you. Upper most well in Mr John's mind is the fact that I produced mashed potato at the weekend.  This is fairly miraculous on a number of levels. I currently have no way of boiling anything and I can't find a potato masher.  I miscalculated the amount of potato required by two people and then I thought, well they're pretty soft so why not give it a go.  

A good substitute for the masher was the long handled plastic spoon I have with holes.  Anyway, a bit of milk and butter, some seasoning and hey presto pretty good mash.  I have made better but given the implements I was very pleased with the end result.


We've had quite a bit of rain lately, though mostly overnight. When Mr John and I took a walk the other night we saw how high the river has come up in a relatively short space of time. There's still no flooding here but the province further south of us, Trat, has seen some localised flooding.  


Of course we're not as badly off as my nephew in Hong Kong who experienced his first Typhoon alert this week.  It was a T8 and the scale only goes to 10. He's fine though and only had to deal with a morning off work before the alert was reduced.

Mr John has gone off on his travels again.  Apparently they're off to the National Science Museum in Bangkok followed by a trip to Dream World, a theme park, which by all accounts is "the World of Happiness".  Hopefully this works on him as he had to be at school at 04:30am the time the bus was leaving and isn't due back until about 20:00pm.  From personal experience, this is unlikely to make him particularly "happy".  Those poor children!

Meanwhile, I'll be watching the AFL footy on TV this afternoon I've been told we have to watch the NRL repeat on Saturday! Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome