24 March 2015

Fame!

Well, it should start with the Thailand National Youth Games that have been happening since last week at the Stadium and will be finishing up on Friday. As is often the case here, the only reference I could find for this prestigious event was on the Cricket Association of Thailand website. I'm sure cricket is not the only thing that has been played.

In fact, the opening ceremony was covered by one of the TV channels here. The stadium is a reasonable distance from our house, but you could here the fireworks like they were being lit next door.
On top of that, I had the most surreal but fabulous experience the other week. I was perusing the shelves of Tops in Robinson as you do and singing along with Christina Aguilera being piped through the store when a voice said "excuse me, are you Mrs John?". 

To cut a long story short, I was concerned that I should know who this lovely young lady who was speaking to me I don't know by sight everyone Mr John works with but no! She has been living here in Chan for a year and plans to stay here another year teaching. She said that this blog had helped and that it was all she could find when she got here I like to think of this as a back-handed complement and that she likes my writing style and hopefully hasn't changed her mind now that she's reading this.

I was so shocked that I forgot to ask her name, so can I just say thank you so much. You have no idea how thrilled I am that one of the reasons I set this blog up has come to fruition and that someone other than my friends and family enjoy reading it. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome