09 June 2015

What? It's June?

Such a good look ...
I can't believe how long it has been since I have managed to sit down and tell you all that's going on. I hope you kept a look out on Instagram for some photos as I tried to keep you up to date. 

I guess the problem is when you're sleeping 12 hours at night, then falling asleep on the couch for the other 12 hours, there's not much to photograph. So May pretty much passed me by. I went to Bangkok Hospital and they put a mask on me before I'd even had my xray! 

Five different sets of tablets and nearly 3000 baht later, turns out I had bronchitis. This only got diagnosed when I figured three weeks and three bottles of cough mixture not shifting a cough meant it was probably a bit more serious than an "awful cold".

The good news is that I've finished all the tablets I was given and found that last Thursday I was able to do something during the day that didn't result in my being exhausted that evening. 

In the meantime Mr John has really stepped up to the plate, doing the shopping, cooking, washing and even cleaning under supervision. Turns out he's a bit of a champion when it comes to limited facility cooking as well. Of course he's back at school now and I must say, this year we have met up with some lovely people who have signed up for the years teaching. These include some lovely "girlies" so it's all quite exciting from my point of view.

We've had some awesome thunderstorms over the past few weeks including one where I swear the clap of thunder actually happened inside our bedroom it was that close and of course the rainy season means it can take a couple of days to get clothes dry but we struggle on. Actually, it's still not as bad as it was the first year we were here so I guess we need to be grateful for small mercies.

I went back to yoga yesterday. Boy was that an experience. I could feel it in my calf muscles by the time I got home. I found it hard to do a couple of moves that I used to be able to do before the holiday but guess I just need to build up my stamina again. There's another three classes to do this week, so hopefully I'll feel like progress has been made by the end of the week once my torturer has put me through my paces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome