15 January 2016

Time flies

Well as I'm sure you can all imagine, Christmas was a very weird time this year. I was on a bit of an emotional roller coaster, naturally, and Mr John did his best to keep up. Thinking it would help, I even made us a fireplace to hang our stockings watch out for the "how to" post. I tried very hard to keep it all as normal as possible and we did enjoy our lamb dinner but none the less, it was weird.

This year we went to the Christmas Market here in Chanthaburi that's held outside the Catholic cathedral. We've been to quite a few of these types of markets over the years. Most of them have been in Europe.


There were no handicrafts to purchase here, no crass consumerism. There was, I believe, the obligatory raffle with plastic storage boxes the main prizes and the coveted electric fans for the jackpot. Santa wasn't due until 10pm and the fireworks scheduled for midnight. Oddly enough, we listened to the fireworks as we snuggled into the bedcovers.

And so now, I can't believe, we're already half way through January and this is my first real missive in some time. I guess my mind has been focused by the imminent arrival of my friend Rachel.  We've known each other over 10 years and I'm so looking forward to seeing here on Sunday. We worked together and shared a house whilst on contract in Yorkshire along with another good mate, Wendy hang on, why isn't Wendy coming too?. We'll be stopping in Bangkok for a few nights then after the dizzy heights of this town it will be time to chill out on one of the islands.

L to R: me, Wendy and Rachel at "Champagne Towers"
I hope you're enjoying the start of 2016 and are not as horrified as I am as to where time goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome