24 June 2013

CleVer Bar

Clever Bar
With its unassuming frontage, the Clever Bar is a great place to go to.  It has free Wi-Fi which is able to handle video feeds. So it was here we went to on Saturday so that Mr John & I could watch the British Lions play Australia at rugby.  Of course, Australia was robbed and lost by 2 points - still, another two matches to go so all is not lost!  We had some friends join us though I have to admit I was on the soft drinks as I'd overdone it a little the previous evening!


Somehow, we also ended up spending the rest of the evening here with a great group of Brit, American & Canadian teachers.  They often have live music here which usually consists of a singer/guitarist or sometimes a duo.  I must say I felt fairly sorry for the chap on Saturday night, who I'm sure hadn't banked on a sing-a-long when he launched into an Oasis track!  Still, we enjoyed ourselves. 

The bar backs onto an estuary
Mr John & I ate here as they do quite good food.  I say quite good because the menu is entirely in Thai though the first time we came here one of the lovely bar staff translated four items into English for us, so we picked from those and have stuck to them since (even though there must be over 20 items on the menu).  We enjoy the crispy prawns, cheese wantons and French fries for a bit of a treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome