26 June 2013

Rain? What rain?


So we're well and truly into the rainy season now.  The downpours can be torrential which I absolutely love.  I call it "giggly" rain as that's what it makes me do (and others here agree with me).  We've never been in Thailand in the rainy season before, but I don't think it's meant to rain all day, which it has been lately!  We had taken a stroll into the old town the other night and were surprised at how high the river was, so I took another stroll at the weekend and couldn't believe how much it had gone up again already.

Looking at the picture, you can see the flood "ruler" in the foreground, but what's slightly harder to see is the one behind it.  The other week there was about 2 foot showing of this short one.  Now, I'm not prone to panicking but I thought it looked a bit high and did some digging around on the internet.  The last time it flooded was September 2011 and the local Tesco Lotus had no stock left on its shelves!


So we'll be keeping an eye on the situation in case I have to move all our valuables up to the bedroom (which was Mr John's instruction to me last Saturday night after a small sherry!)


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous26 June, 2013

    Hi Helen

    I've been reading your blog today! Hope you are well? The photos are amazing. I'm impressed with how professional your webpage looks - that book Debbie bought must have been good?

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks L! Still learning, so please keep reading, glad you're enjoying it though

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome