18 June 2013

What a morning!

I hadn't intended doing a post today, but I just have to share my morning with you.  Firstly, I'd heard that you could use the swimming pool at the New Travelodge (just down the road) for 100 baht for the day and I thought that might be a nice way to spend a day off.  Also, we got an electric bill which needed paying and this could be done at the Tesco Lotus - which is on the way to said Travelodge.  Although it had rained early this morning, the sun was beating down and I took the opportunity to get some hand-washing done.  Then I loaded up a bag with swimmers, camera (so I could report back here), kindle and suntan lotion.  I had my breakfast across the road and off I went.

First stop Tesco, paid the bill picked up some water - no problems.  Then off to the swimming pool - hurrah!  When I get to reception, I'm told the swimming pool is closed - boo hiss!!  OK, so no lounging round the pool enjoying myself today.  Why waste a trip out? I thought I'd head to the lake and have a coffee.  Start up the scooter and off I go again.  Scooter feels a little "stuttery", decide I'm probably being paranoid and it's just that I've got two bags hanging off me.  Carry on.  Turn left at the lights to head to the lake, get about 150 yards down the road open up the throttle - scooter comes to dead stop. I'd run out of petrol!! Thankfully, I was right across the road from a garage so "man-handled" the bike to the forecourt.  Didn't know what type it took, helpful man filled it up completely ignoring my "nit noy" instruction (meaning little bit).  Anyway 150 baht (5 meals!) later we have a full tank of petrol - I wouldn't mind but the bike goes back tomorrow!

By this time, the heavens have opened and it's lashing down.  I wait in the forecourt, where it's dry, for it to ease off.  About 10 minutes later it has slowed right down, so off I head.  I get a couple of hundred yards down the road and I'm riding into more rain!  I pull over and get out my very attractive plastic, see through, poncho.  I don't know if you've ever tried putting one of these things on when you're already wet - it's not easy!  So by this time, weighed down by my "by the pool" bag and wet, I decide to call it a day and head home.  The only bright spot in may day was that I'd tucked the washing in under the eaves out the back of the house - so it's not wetter than when I put it out. 

QUESTION: Is it too early in the day to drink vodka??

7 comments:

  1. never too early! Hope it's nice and dry at home. I've got mojitos on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mojitos ... Now there's a thought. Excellent advice, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND to top it all off, the toilet cistern won't stop running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johnny Boy18 June, 2013

    You on a scooter! Please post a pic before it goes back. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try to get an action shot Johnny Boy! Just for you

      Delete
  5. EXCELLENT! No more problems with the cistern because the WATER'S GONE OFF! Mr John will not be best pleased when he gets home soon expecting a shower!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome