25 September 2013

Coffee, cake & scooters

My friend Bex had an unexpected afternoon off on Monday so we arranged to go for coffee and cake at Delight CafĂ©. It was a lovely temperature, with a breeze coming across the lake, so we sat outside.  Bex had a white chocolate latte with chocolate cake whilst I chose an ordinary latte and strawberry shortcake.

My cake was glorious, so much so I was a good wife and picked up a slice to take home for Mr John.  We ended up sitting there for over two hours having some lovely girly time.

When we realised the time we thought we best get going before peak hour hit, also because some of the roads around the schools are closed off to two way traffic so that it's safer for the children.  So off we went and, to be honest, I'm not sure what happened except that it was completely my fault, my motorbike shot off and I ended up on the road with the bike on top of me.  Thank goodness Bex was there as she not only managed to get me but also the bike off the road before any other traffic came near us.  I was really lucky as nothing is broken and no stitches were needed.  We called another friend Juls, who came along on her bike with Mr John so he could take me home.  Bex went and got some cleaning alcohol (man that stuff stings) and some iodine to treat my scrapes.

We'd had such a lovely afternoon it really took the shine off but it also showed me how very fortunate we are to have such lovely, caring friends who are there whether times are good or not so good.  My right thumb has the worst gash and so holding things is a little sore at the moment and my right ankle (which thankfully didn't swell due to the ice treatment) has a scrape which gets sore.  The worst part is I've put a hole in one of my favourite dresses!  We think it might be fixable, so as soon as I can hold a needle I'll set about trying to fix it.  They say everyone who has lived in Thailand leaves with scars, so I guess I've done my bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome