03 February 2014

Bits and bobs

We've had quite a fun weekend.  We've prepared the old house for Leon's visit, having put cardboard up on the wall between us and next door.  It looks fabulous - I'll share a picture later in the week.

Bangkok is still the focal point of the news.  The election took place yesterday and on Saturday there was some gunfire and a couple of injuries.   My main task this week is to identify all the protest areas, note where we are staying next weekend, what we want to see and plan a secure route to all these things.  What's the opposite of a military operation??

Friday night saw us at the usual place - Sangchareon - where Wicus joined us.  It turned into rather a late night resulting in Mr John being put to bed at midnight (for those who know him, picture the cup of rum incident) with Wicus and I up until 3am.  I really enjoyed myself but suspect I'm getting a bit old for such a late night as I was exhausted on Saturday.

The weather is back to normal, and by that I mean hot.  The strong winds of December / January have gone and they helped keep the temperature down.  It's still nowhere near as hot as it was when we arrived last year though.

Mr John continues to enjoy his bike.  We've been out on it this weekend and my seat at the back is much higher than the old bike so I feel a little exposed but it's fine.

I attempted a pork tagine last night in the electric frying pan - which in all honesty produces dinners like they've been slow cooked, rather than "fried".  It was quite a success and nice to have chunks of meat. 



But even more exciting is that the lime tree has seven flowers on it.  It had more but I "de-flowered" it to make sure I get a good crop (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

Your comments are always welcome