14 March 2014

Leon writes...

As promised, I have a guest blogger today.  The lovely Leon has written the following and I promise we didn't pay him any money for it.

So, it’s nearly one month since I arrived back home in England… what can I say about Chanthaburi?

If you love rush hour traffic, enjoy the cold and damp, thrive on the unwelcoming feeling when you walk into anywhere new, look forward to receiving no praise for anything you do, and if you can’t stand being immersed in a completely different culture, then read no further, because this place is not for you.

The people, the place, the temples, the markets, the food… I miss it so much.  I am so grateful that Mr & Mrs John invited me to stay as I never would have experienced anything like this in my life if they hadn’t. I will most definitely be heading back in the not too distant future to see my best mate and his awesome hostess/tour guide wife!

It is so easy to fall for this place. Fact is, I fell not only for its beauty and atmosphere, but its randomness, i.e. expect the unexpected, but expect it to be the norm where you are!

I have to give special thanks to Kob for his amazing generosity, also to Tom and his mother Taan (the local shop owners) for being so friendly and helpful.Thanks also to the girls for taking my laundry and then giving me fruit (now where else would this happen)? And just thank you to all the people I met for making it such a fantastic stay.

I don’t want to go on too much, so I’ll leave you with this. If you ever get the chance to go and see this beautiful place, take it, you’ll be so disappointed if you don’t.

Leon

Thanks for blogging today Leon. We had a load of fun too and look forward to your return visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome