02 June 2014

Fruit Festival

We've had such a weekend, it's hard to know where to start. Oh no, hang on, it was on Friday when I ran out of petrol on the way back from Tesco Lotus.  To be fair, the petrol gauge on the old Honda hasn't worked for sometime even though attempts have been made to fix it. 

Anyway this all resulted in me pushing the bike round the corner to a sliver of shade and waiting about an hour for Mr John to finish his class and be my knight in shining armour and deliver a litre bottle of petrol from Tom's corner shop.  Trust me, this a much better option than pushing the bike.  Pii Kob said I should have called him, but I don't like to do that unless it's a real emergency and goodness knows we have enough of those.

Friday late afternoon also saw us watching a live rugby match surprisingly. It was Queensland Reds playing New Zealand Highlanders.  There is nothing particularly unusual in this except for the fact my sister Anne and her lovely husband Graham were at the match.  We were texting them and so knew where they were sitting and although the cameras got tantalisingly close, we couldn't quite pick them out though I did think I saw their Reds hats on one occasion.

Mr John & I had the best cheeseburger in town at the recently opened Lollipop CafĂ©. In fact, it was so good, I believe this new eating establishment deserves it's own review so watch this space but I digress.  This week, well actually from May 30 to June 8 is the annual Chanthaburi Fruit Festival.


Stalls have been set up all around the Park and there's quite a mixture of things on display and for sale.  Along with the fruit offerings there's furniture, clothes, petting zoos and loads of food.  Mr John was almost beside himself when he discovered the kebab van and I suspect there will be further visits later this week.

The festival is so well known that they bring people in by double decker buses. There was a massive queue of them as we walked around.  This area is known for its Durian fruit, just one of the many fruits on offer at this Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome