06 June 2014

Lollipop Cafe

Mr John's fellow Grade 6 teacher Yas, recommended this place to us and boy are we glad she did.  In fact, Mr John came home yesterday and announced he didn't fancy rice for dinner, so we headed here I may be turning into a stalker.  Located in the Old Town opposite Sangchereon which is near the bridge to Wat Chan the owners spent five years studying, working and living in Brisbane.


If you're western and crave a burger then you really must go here.  We had the cheeseburger last week and it was amazing. Definitely the best we've had here in Chan so far and the virgin mojito was very refreshing.  The cafĂ© is beautifully decorated I'm not normally a "pink" girlie but I've made an exception for this place and you can check out the menu and prices here.


The owners (he is Thai and a professional chef, and she is from Hong Kong) speak very good English and there's always a smile to welcome you.  Our friend Ake was visiting from Bangkok last weekend and as he was here on Monday, we both went to have coffee but ended up having the Big Breakfast.  It too was excellent and I found I still wasn't overly hungry when we went ate dinner at 6pm.  My latte was good but I have to admit having drink envy for Ake's cold cappuccino with a dash of hazelnut syrup.


Mr John is very excited about the breakfast and we're planning to head here for Sunday brunch.  The minor drawback here is the lack of air conditioning but there are plenty of fans and an air cooler but you have to go for the food alone. 

Did I mention they also do cupcakes? Hmmm......

1 comment:

  1. yes I would love to have that cappuccino again

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome