29 January 2015

Sweet Factory

It's been a while since I did told you about any coffee shops. There are a few new ones I've spotted recently and I'm a bit behind in my research. I spotted one the other day that had a sign saying "cakes 35 baht" so I'd best get myself out to that one.

Part of the reason I'm behind is because of the great sporting events that are on in Australia at the moment. Firstly there's the Australian Open tennis. Because of the time difference, there are matches on from 7am until 8pm everyday. We're up to the semi-finals now and there's been some terrific matches. The other is the Asian Cup soccer / football. Australia has made it through to the final on Saturday at 4pm Thailand time. All very exciting.

But I digress. The Sweet Factory! 
Past Tesco Lotus this lovely little place is set back from the main road and the owners speak good English no wonder my Thai isn't improving. The weather was very mild for here and so we sat outside and weren't bothered by the traffic noise at all. I didn't have my usual latte to get a really good comparison because there'd been a power black out and they weren't able to produce everything on the menu. Mr John & I suspected there'd been some problem as we'd popped into Tesco on the way and not all the shops had lights!

So we enjoyed a pot of jasmine tea and some very, very good crepe cake. I will pop back and check out the latte so that I can do a fair assessment for you but in the meantime, I'd recommend checking this place out.
And if you're not sure where Tesco Lotus is, here's the map!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome