10 February 2015

We lost it...

Well, the weather is slowly starting to warm up. Not that we've really had anything like "cold" weather! Still, it's only to be expected and it's not got too bad yet. I have yet to close the limited facilities kitchen due to extreme weather, so Mr John is still a happy bunny.

We were invited to Mr Han's 48th birthday party on Saturday night at Hangout. He told us they like to have a big celebration every 12 years. We walked there so that we could both have a drink. Mr John nearly fell asleep in his beer half way through the evening, not because he'd drunk too much but because he'd got up at 3am to watch the England / Wales 6 nations rugby match. 

I hadn't realised or maybe just not thought about the food that would be there and I'd made burgers at home so we were both pretty full. You should have seen all the plates that ended up on the table, to which we could do very little justice but which was all very delicious. 


There was, what can only be described as, an "official" photographer. His name was Bird and he took quite a shine to Mr John, putting his arm around him for their selfie and giving his phone number. Mr John felt that I could have been more vocal / demonstrative about being his wife, but I was having too much fun watching proceedings to get that involved.

drink responsibly!
At the end of the evening Pii Kob organised for us to be dropped at home, which is just as well because I'd drunk a whole bottle of vodka! I really should know better at my age. OK, so when you look at the picture, you'll know it's not as "cool" as it sounds. And getting in at 2am does neither of us much good. I fear the days of getting in as the sun comes up might be well and truly over though never say never!! So whilst some might say, we've still got it, I think we've definitely lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome