24 July 2015

Scenares


OMW or for the uninitiated oh, my, word ! I can't believe we only found this place recently. Still, we've managed to take Wicus, Emma and Orla there already - word may be spreading. Mr John had noticed it first as its just down from a tutoring school he used to frequent. I can't believe I'd missed it, but further investigation proved very fruitful. It is hard to spot but don't give up!


The menu focuses on the sweet stuff, but you can also get an all day breakfast plus bacon with eggs and pancakes, waffles and of course fabulous gelato that is hand made by the owners. In fact, they speak very good English, so don't be frightened to go in and order to your hearts content. If you're worried about narrowing down your choice, don't be because sample spoons are all the go to help you decide. Of course, I just find this confuses me more as I end up wanting everything.

I sometimes find myself in the vicinity of the shop on a Friday so I might just happen to pop in for take-away and get a small tub 35 baht of something deliciously rich like chocolate and a medium tub 55 baht of something light like strawberry. You can also get large tubs. Mr John especially likes the pineapple and white malt flavours together. Best of all, half the flavours on display are fat free so no guilty consciences required.

So with the hot weather continuing I make that sounds like sometimes it gets cold hah, get yourself down to Scenares for some amazing gelato. Sit inside in the air conditioning on some groovy chairs. 

If it's take-away you're after, no problems, just make sure it's the last thing you do and get it home "tout suite" or you may end up having to use a straw and not one of the lovely little spoons they give you and that would be a tragedy. Check out the FB page if you want to see more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome