10 July 2013

Water still rising

So, I had a whole other post in mind for today but considering yesterdays news flash I thought I ought to keep you posted.  It rained non-stop yesterday though mostly it was fairly light during the day but it hacked it down in the evening.  Mr John popped over the corner shop to pick up some water (bottled) yesterday evening and was shown the news on TV which was showing the bridge / river here in Chanthaburi - don't think that's a good sign.  Obviously Mr John was not able to gather information as the program is, quite rightly, in Thai.  It was kind of spooky because I'd been telling him over dinner how I saw a bunch of people by the bridge with an old fashioned looking camcorder! 

Anyway, it's continued to rain today and I have already been for a walk .  It's not looking good!  So thought I'd share the latest pictures with you...

L to R: The gauge at the back is to 4 metres, The steps to the temple are down from five to three, this house is about 100 yards down and across the road from our house.

pic name

pic name

pic name


1 comment:

  1. All this water is playing havoc with my hand-washing! The stuff I did on Monday still hasn't dried.....arrrrgh!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome