10 November 2013

Aria Restaurant

Although Mr John had given me a set of Bose headphones for my birthday - which may not sound romantic / special but which I had asked for and totally love - he organised a fabulous dinner for us in Sydney as my birthday treat.

Aria Restaurant is owned by Matt Moran, a well known chef in Australia, and is situated right on Sydney Harbour.  From our table you could see the bridge and the Opera House, it was just amazing.  The food and service was also fabulous and I couldn't get over how full the place was - what happened to the global recession??  We'd actually taken a pre-theatre booking as we had an early flight the following day.  


So here you go, to whet your appetite, Mr John had scallops then lamb followed by chocolate.  I had oysters then lamb followed by peanut butter and jelly.  If you check out the photos below, you'll see the descriptions - heaven on a plate.

I was a little concerned they might rush us out, being an early booking, but it couldn't have been more relaxing.  I would definitely recommend here for anyone who wanted a special dinner as the surroundings inside and out were stunning.


2 comments:

  1. yum yum yum! Will have to get Greg to take me up there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth the visit, the staff were amazing and the sommelier is worth his weight in gold - nothing was too much trouble and the recommendations perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome