15 November 2013

Pool side

I decided on Wednesday to have a proper day off.  Now I know what you're thinking, you're thinking I have every day off.  Let me tell you there are always so many things to do that I rarely sit down during the day and read a book.  So I decided to change all that and at the same time give a bit more detail on the New Travelodge.













As you can see, even mid-week there was no one there.  There was however some form of seminar going on in the Grand Ballroom, so I hid beneath my sarong as they came outside to collect and eat their lunch.  I wasn't jealous as it didn't smell great to be honest.  This didn't mean my time here was limited.  I spent a glorious three hours in and out of the pool and reading. Bliss.

Anyway, the rate is still 100 baht for as long or, I guess, as short a time as you want.  This includes your towel, the use of a locker and there are two showers and one sit down toilet in the ladies room.  There's also a variety of goodies like shower gel, shampoo, hair gel, talc etc so you can make yourself look glamorous.  Of course it didn't really work on me as I had to put my bike helmet on to get back home and my pool towel was soaking so I didn't really bother, just used the hairdryer so my helmet didn't end up soaked on the inside.

My advice is to get here early to avoid the rush, nah, only joking!  There are however only 5 sun loungers and one large parasol.  The rest of the seating consists of plastic chairs and tables.  For all the geeks out there, the pool is open from 06:00 to 21:00.  It is 25 metres long and 12 metres wide with a depth of 3 metres (no wonder I couldn't touch the bottom).

Apparently there's some form of beer festival but I don't know if it's about to start or if it's finished and just to warn you, the prices for beer here are a little steep by local standards. A small bottle of Heineken is 90 baht whilst a large one will set you back 160.  I tried to get a cappuccino (because there was no latte on the list) and this was only 50 baht, but I failed dismally.  I think the staff were too concentrating on the seminar and I couldn't attract attention for love nor money!  So the coffee review will just have to wait for next time..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome