10 January 2014

Coffee Lover

On the crossroad near Timeless is this coffee shop.  We'd seen it on the way to the Hang Out and have been saying for ages we ought to try it out.  So last weekend we did.  The owner is a Thai lady who spent quite a while living near Las Vegas, so her English is pretty good.
















The coffee was ok.  Mr John liked his, I would have liked my latte to be hotter, but the taste was fine.  Inside is really attractive, air-conditioned and there are some very comfortable seats including a big sofa.  We didn't indulge in any cakes, but I'm sure I saw them putting together a crepe cake whilst we were there.

Now if you've never had a crepe cake - you've missed out.  I had a slice at Doi Chaang a while back (they haven't had any since) and Mr John definitely had cake envy!  Thin pancakes / crepes are layered with cream and if you're lucky you get a strawberry coulis.  It looks a bit random and doesn't sound right but oh my goodness....

Our winter seems to be over as the warm days are back and I'm considering a trip to the pool.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, crepe cake! Yum! I made Greg one for Father's Day a couple of years ago. http://www.thingsforboys.com/2012/09/chocolate-amaretto-crepe-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. Even with my limited facility cooking situation, I should've able to produce this! Best wait for an occasion though and make sure I get them cooked before 8:30 am when it hots up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome