20 January 2014

Road Trip

Gosh, I really don't know where the time went last week.  Mr John was having a well earned beer after work on Friday when I realised what day it was and that I hadn't published anything.  The joys of not working.

Wicus and Mr John enjoying a coffee
We headed off on Saturday to Laem Sing with our friend Wicus.  It was a beautiful day, as they have been lately, though a bit breezy.  We decided to get breakfast, (well brunch really) before heading off, at the Vietnamese place near the Cathedral. 



We really enjoyed the food but decided, with hindsight, that we probably should have headed straight to the beach as none of us were hungry enough to enjoy a seafood lunch.  Shocking.



















Last time I wrote, I tried to describe my limited facility cooking situation.  Well, I impressed myself on Saturday evening with a delicious (even though I say so myself) pasta meal.  I only have one gas ring, so you have to boil the pasta first, keep it in the pot to stay warm and then add the "sauce" later.

Even more exciting than dinner is the progress of a lime tree I bought at the New Year markets.  It already had a lime on it and I've been finding the right spot for it at home, you know not too much sun, and I can't believe I not only have new growth but also flowers.  Whoop, whoop! 


Of course, the primary function of the tree is to freshen up my vodka, but if the crop is good enough, some might manage to make it into the cooking
;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome