07 April 2014

Still spoilt

We've had quite a busy week with Mr John starting his holidays last Tuesday.  In celebration of the event, we spent a good chunk of the day in the pool at the New Travelodge.  We swam, read and mistakenly ordered coffee.  It wasn't very grand.  It cost 90 baht and I got my latte but Mr John got an espresso instead of his Americano.  Hmmm.  The best bit was the powdered milk sachet he got with it - priceless.  But at least a bird didn't "poop" on his arm...grrrrrr.

We were very lucky to receive another care parcel, complete with beef jerky (a favourite of Mr John's).  Hannah & Ross (niece & nephew)  sent a "congratulations on your new job" present for Mr John.  It also contained a beautiful glass hand-made (by Hannah) heart for our anniversary.  It's hanging our front window and looks amazing first thing in the morning when the sun shines on it. 

I packed Mr John off to Tesco on Friday morning so that I could clean the house - rock 'n' roll.  He did quite well with the budget as I know other blokes (yes Rog, you) who's only "help" with the groceries is increasing the bill.  Anyway, luckily for me he spotted the Cheezels on the shelf.  It's probably only the Aussies reading this who'll get it, but these are great and are fully imported.  He got the original cheese as well, but we scoffed them before I could take a picture!!

Being the amazing wife I am ... I made burger and chips for Mr John's dinner.  I know it's not completely healthy but it isn't rice and there was salad.  We managed to find some beef mince at Tops Supermarket in Robinson and as I desperately needed to defrost the fridge last week, this was his reward.  So all in all, an excellent week.

We have a lot of family and friends with birthdays in April so, before any more days go by, let me wish Mike, Andy, Paul, Gareth, Debbie, Jack, Luke, Debbie, Joan, Rohan, Mikey, Judy,and Helena a very happy day.

1 comment:

Your comments are always welcome