30 April 2014

Stuff and Things


The other day was "lets see what the Farang do" day.  Tom's uncle decided to let us try Durian fruit.  It's the weirdest, stinkiest fruit I've ever had and our faces must have been a picture judging by the raucous laughing from the locals.  I want to say don't ever try it, but guess we all need to experience some things in life.

We also received an exciting car parcel recently for Easter.  Sent by Hannah, the April heat had unfortunately got to the chocolate a bit but we whacked them straight in the fridge and they tasted yummy!  This was a timely gift as the Tim Tams we were sent by Joan, which were absolutely gorgeous, had been consumed.

Whilst Mr John takes full advantage of being on holiday and having a lie in, I continue to trek to the "laundrette".  I'm having to get up earlier as the heat by 08:30 is just ridiculous.  I was so early the other day I got to see a monk receiving food from a nearby residence.  They remove their shoes before placing the goods in his bowl and receiving a blessing. 
I've mentioned Latte Coffee House before and we were there on our monthly trip the other day.  Although there was an outboard motor on this little boat, the owner seemed quite happy using on oar.  I have no idea how the boat did not capsize, but there was no incident whilst I was watching.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome