12 June 2015

Home Time

You may remember the whole point of my trip to Australia was for Roger & Anna's wedding anniversary Roger kept referring to it as "getting the band back together" and what a fantastic evening we had. Everyone in the bridal party was able to make it and we even had some guest stars like Adam their son and his gorgeous wife Judy along with Dianne's husband Maurice. There was a lot of talking, eating, drinking and laughing. It was a perfect night and another cherished memory. Plus I got to spend extra time with brother Pete who stayed an extra day so I didn't have to make time to get to him bless him.
Of course, that's not all I did. It was an actioned packed fourteen days I can tell you. 

I had a great time staying with my niece Abby and her extremely tolerant husband Greg for putting up with me not Abs!. Staying with them means I get to see my sister Lynne and have quality time with the next generation. Teddy is just a star and is clearly revelling in being the "baby" of the family. 

Roman is really into his "dance parties" and we had a very good time listening to Bruno Mars, again and again and again. Apparently four year olds never tire of hearing the same song. I have to admit though dancing around the lounge room, singing badly was very liberating for me. It reminded me of the things I used to do with his Mum when she was little and their Uncle Warren. 

Speaking of Warren, I got to spend some quality time with his partner Jess who is totally awesome and the latest addition to the family Molly. Oh my, but she is the most gorgeous baby of course. I'm just thrilled to have another girl in the family. I have six nephews but only two nieces and girls are way more fun to dress up.

Obviously no trip is complete to Oz without spending time with Rhys, oh and his Mum and Dad of course. Actually it was Michael's birthday during my visit and it was nice to be able to share the day with him not to mention the dinner at Healesville Hotel. I think I'm safe in saying that Joan's and my favourite place is the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie - a must visit. It's just so relaxing here.

On this trip I also got to stay with Adam another of the six nephews and Judy. They completely spoiled me by taking me to dinner at Movida Bar de Tapas how cool does that sound. Dinner was amazing and just the other day I saw it was voted number 15 in Australia's top 100 restaurants. Adam made me stay up late drinking whisky bad man whilst Judy & I were much more civilised at Brunetti Cafe.

But of course, I'm left with visitors guilt - I didn't get to Sydney to see Gareth another nephew and his partner Jara. They will just have to go to the top of the list for the next visit of course I'm not sure how thrilled they'll be to hear that but hey, that's what Aunties are for.

I just can't believe how easy it is not to see someone for forty years and just chat to them like it was yesterday and now be FB friends. Thanks to the "blogging" ladies who let me join in their retro film evening complete with Prosecco. Thanks everyone who put up with me put me up. I feel so lucky to have been able to go. No matter where I go in the world as soon as I land in Australia, I know I'm home. It's so familiar even after all this time away. And who knows, maybe next time, I might even bring Mr John.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome