18 December 2013

6 days to go!!!

I think it looks good

I'm a little late doing my blog but that's because our internet has been re-installed in the new house today - hurrah!!  We have a table facing out the back window and I'm sitting here now, looking out at a bright blue sky, with a lovely breeze coming in.  I'm feeling very fortunate and very festive though I have been seeing Facebook pictures of friends and families trees and feeling slightly jealous.



fuzzy felt rocks!
I guess that's mostly because I spent Monday afternoon putting up the few Christmas decorations we have!  Whenever we go on holiday, we buy a Christmas decoration (and you'd be surprised how easy this is no matter what time of year it is).  That way, as we decorate the tree together, we remember our lovely holidays every year.  We don't have them with us but we do have a fuzzy felt tree my niece sent me.  It's fabulous. Am I the only one who thinks there just isn't enough fuzzy felt in the world? 

It reminds me of a present I got several years ago from my other niece.  I was working away from home and complaining that what I really missed was being able to do creative things outside of work.  I promptly received a fuzzy felt underwater scene kit, complete with divers and so was able to vent my creative talents!  My nieces really get me.

I'm so cold, I'm so cold!!
I've been surprised by how many decorations I can buy in the shops - well actually, the supermarkets!  And that's where this little fella came from.  As in Australia, it's always a bit weird seeing a northern hemisphere tradition in a hot climate.  When we lived in the UK, the tree used to go up in our front room on the first weekend in December.  Every night, until Christmas, we used to have one pre-dinner cocktail (makers choice) sitting in there admiring the tree.  I do miss that tradition of ours.


the back window now has a table in front
I've put up as many lights as I can and we have an excellent run in the kitchen.  Actually, the sink is outside on the balcony which has the tap and the drain!  Inside, we are accumulating some things for our western moments.  We already have a kettle and toaster but now have an electric frying pan and a camping gas ring. 

We've been feeling slightly more festive the last few days as the temperature has dropped and yesterday there was a very cold wind which meant it was about 23*C.  Mr John and I donned our pyjamas (given to us on the flight over) and had a nice hot cup of tea - bliss.  Hope all your preparations are going well.

The real size of our tree LOL

1 comment:

  1. Fuzzy felt will always be awesome! I had a ballerinas one as a kid. No idea what happened to it. :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome