09 July 2013

News Flash! Flood alert.......

OK, so maybe I have a little too much time on my hands but yesterday I thought all my Christmases had come at once.  At 09:00 it was 26' and didn't get a lot higher - raining all day. It was just so lovely not to be sweating everywhere!  Today it's 10:30 and 27' again another lovely morning where the temperature in the house was borderline cooler than the bedroom (which has air-conditioning).  I fancied getting out of the house but didn't really want to go anywhere in particular and it suddenly popped into my head that I could take a short stroll to the river and check out what's going on. 

Now Mr John & I went through the under-pass at the bridge on the weekend heading into the Old Town and the river level was much lower and the gauge pretty much on show for all to see.    Well, not today - the one in the background has disappeared!  Here's how it looks this morning along with how it looked two weeks ago.


pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome