01 July 2013

Where do I start.....

There's so much to mention about last week, I genuinely don't know where to start!  Those of you that read What a morning! will be pleased to know that I have fixed the cistern .... easy-peasy!!  Though I don't think "plumbing" is quite what I want to do when I grow up.  I extended my tourist visa for another 30 days as we need to have Mr John's work permit before I can change mine to something more permanent.  He should have it this week  (it's something the school arranges) but as we have to go up to Bangkok to get my visa changed it'll probably be another month before it all happens.  Now I don't want anyone to worry, I can extend my tourist visa up to three times in total!

The scooter is proving most valuable.  I took a trip to Doi Chaang coffee shop on Friday and had great fun getting there - got up to just over 30 kph at one point (that's about 20 mph) and would have felt the wind whipping through my hair....if it wasn't for the crash helmet!  It was another beautiful day, baking hot but that's what you get for living in the tropics.

As previously mentioned, this coffee shop is opposite King Taksin park with its gorgeous lake. Here's what it looks like in the daylight.

pic name

pic name

pic name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome